Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wedding Nightmare

I had my first (I think) wedding bad dream. We were all at the location. It wasn't raining...yay for that! Justin and his groomsmen were all in street clothes and told me they thought that was what they were supposed to wear. The whole ceremony and vows were never finished. No one had a clue what to do. Josh and Samantha (our brother and sister/officiants) had never before seen the ceremony they were supposed to read. We told them to just "wing it" direct quote from the dream. There were no decorations. No pretty dress for me. It was just everyone gathered around outside at our location trying not to look bored. Thank goodness that was just a dream!

Justin says he'll take care of the location dilemma for me. He says, "Honey, it will be done and paid for, 100% complete, by this Monday." What a sweetheart.

I'm getting married next month. NEXT MONTH!!! Can you believe it? I can't. I'm still in shock I found my soulmate. It was an ongoing joke in my family. Let's start at the beginning.

As you can see from the pics over to the side, both of my sisters were proposed to at Disneyland. The joke was that since I would never get a guy. I was planning to have a whole bunch of cats. One of them would be named Mr. Bubbles. I was going to take him to Disneyland and propose to him. Ha Ha, good laugh. It was never a problem for either of my sisters to get a guy. But me? HUGE PROBLEM. My father told me, "No wonder she can't get a guy. She's too much of a bitch for anyone to like." (What an ASSHOLE! It still makes me fume! Blue tipped fire is spurting out my ears as I type!) While that partly may be true, I just never liked anyone to ever say yes. Even to just a date. (Maybe because I had never seen a great, loving, open relationship? Maybe because I've learned that to show emotion is to show weakness? Maybe because I've learned that people, even those you think may love you, can be cruel?...Still fuming). I'm not a big fan of people. And I believe dating involves people.


So when I met Justin. Something clicked. We still have never fought. We have disagreements that are settled immediately. We are, simply put, perfect for each other. He is my other half. (cue background noises of people gagging) but it's true.

No comments: