Saturday, September 20, 2008

Picture Perfect

One more thing to check off my list. There are so many more that I want completed today. But to keep my sanity I must blog between. Yep. I have to blog. *shrugs* There is no other option.

I decided to go with the Adam Sandler song. It fit us better. So this morning I put on a movie. Well, it took 2 movies to get through it all. The Wedding Singer, of course, and Ella Enchanted. Then I got to doodling. Take a look at the final product...

So this is a picture of the whole thing.

An up close view of the border and writing. There are little swirls and background swishes all over. It blends in with the writing and makes it easier to cover up any little mistakes.

The writing was done freehand, I'm sure you can tell, with pen. No pencil...because I don't have a single one in the whole house. I looked.

I love the way it turned out. Guests will sign the glass frame with pens. We're doing this in lieu of a guest book. Because who really goes through a book to look at little "Congratulations - Jane Doe" Not me, that's for sure. This way the framing is meaningful to us and we can see all those happy sayings everyday hanging on our wall. I love this idea.

Off to do more wedding stuff...

2 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

That looks incredibly cute.

Though, you probably could have just looked the lyrics up on the internet and saved having to watch it over and over again (not that you would have wanted to). ;)

Tayia said...

Oh, I did look up the lyrics on the internet. While I was drawing everything I put on a movie though and The Wedding Singer was first choice. Sorry, I should have explained that better.