Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Building

Here are some pictures of the building that we are using for the wedding. I'm not sure exactly how the setup will be with all the tables and chairs. The building is somehow going to have the ceremony and reception in it. It's a really large building, I just haven't figured out the details yet.

The counter space needs to have plenty of walking room around it because that's where all the food goes. Butted up against the counter is a hard floor that will be our dance area. I doubt people will actually dance but it's there none the less. Me and Justin are having our first dance. That's the only scheduled dance there is (for now...). I was thinking of having the ceremony in front of the doors that lead to the deck. Not sure how the entrances will go. Where is the aisle going to be? How are we fitting all the tables and chairs for people so no one has to move anything afterward and people don't have to sit all awkward to view the ceremony? All these details will be decided on the 17th before the rehearsal dinner. That's why we have all day.

Enough B.S. Here are the pics...

This shows part of the dance floor and the wall with the "cool" elk head. We are getting married at the Elks. But really? Maybe I can put a veil on it. Or hang some tulle on the antlers. No one will ever know.

This picture is showing the doors I was thinking about having the ceremony in front of. Outside you can see the deck. Well, you can't really see it in this picture but use your imagination. This also shows the dance floor and how it connects to the counter (far right).This is the humongous counter space we get to use with the kitchen behind it. All is available to us! I was very pleased to see that counter. It's the whole length of the kitchen! This pic doesn't show it well but it's about 3ft deep. SWEET!!!! Now we don't have to use the tables for food. Just people...and maybe presents.This is the right side of the deck. Also available to use.

And this is the left side. Something else I was thinking about...the deck wraps around slightly. I could enter from here and come through those doors to wherever we decide the ceremony should be. I'm not sure where to enter from so no one sees me before my big debut. This is one option I've pondered. The only problem is there is no cover outside. If it's raining this might not be pleasant. I just looked through these pictures again and darn it...that pic with the elk head shows a big ol' window right were I was planning on hiding if I went with this option. Hmmmm...I'll figure it out later when everyone is at the location and we can bounce ideas off each other.

Less than a month before I'm Mrs. Perkins!!!!

2 comments:

Dana said...

I know that this is none of my business, but why would your dance be the only dance at your wedding? Your space opens you to lots of opportunities for decor.

Tayia said...

We're only doing our first dance because Me and Justin both don't like dancing. At all. So we are avoiding more dancing at all costs.