Wednesday, September 3, 2008

How we met

It occurred to me that how me and Justin met has never been brought up...until now. It was a dark and stormy night...Just kidding!

He wrote me on myspace. Not kidding. We talked a little bit via myspace mail. Then he wrote, "I know this is cheesy, but can I have your phone number?". I said yes, indeed, cheesy but gave it to him anyways. I like cheese. I remember feeling giddy and nervous. I called Sam over to look at his pics and asked her what she thought. She said to go for it! Thank God I did! I'm sooooo not great at talking on the phone so as much as I was excited, I was running the "what ifs" in my head. I was never one of those teenagers who spent hours on the telephone. I hated talking on the phone and I told him that.

So I gave him my number. And waited. And waited. Then I got another email. He said when he called my cell he got some guy answering the phone. I informed the silly boy he had dialed the wrong number. He tried again and this time I answered. We ended up talking for a good 3 hours that first time. Who knew?

We talked a few more times on the phone. Then he asked if we could go out sometime. I said sure as long as it wasn't McDonald's. That's where the myspace serial killers go. He said no problem. Burger King it is! It made me laugh. We went out that weekend. He pulled up to my parents house, I ran out before any of my family could interrogate, and off we went. The first movie we ever saw together was Disturbia.

During one of our many long phone conversations, we found out we have many, MANY things in common. One of them is movies. He even played the game me and my sisters play without me ever telling him about it. The game is to recite little pieces of movies and then ask what movie it's from. Well, during one of our talks he said, "What's your boggle?" Then all cocky, I bet you don't know what movie that's from?

I knew then that this guy was gonna get to me. I responded, "Oh, yes I do! That is one of my favorite movies ever! Demolition Man." I win!

We are, without a doubt, movie maniacs. I have found the perfect guy for me. My Honey ROCKS! And I owe it all to myspace.

No comments: