Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Toss Bouquet

If you are a lady that will be in the bouquet toss "catcher" group please please please do not read this post. You will find out soon enough at the wedding what I'm talking about. On a darker note...Your life depends on it. Okay, maybe your lint bunnies life is on the line here. Just don't read any further...we clear?
Back to business...
Up up and away! When I throw the tosser bouquet the lovely ladies will have no idea what's about to happen. Let's set the scene shall we? Everyone will be chit chatting with music in the background. Then Nelly Furtado's Man Eater will come on and someone will yell "bouquet toss!!". The lovely ladies will gather around, probably shaking their booties. I'll gather the pretty flowers in my hands...Work some magic...turn around for the toss...my back to everyone.

Sounds pretty normal so far. Right? Here's the catch. Okay, wait a second. If you happen to be one of the lovely ladies that will be a "catcher" please skip this post. It won't be any fun if you read it. You'd be what I call a Party Pooper.



I'm serious!!! Go on now...shoo!!!!

Okay, back to business. Instead of one nice bouquet to toss, I made five small ones. It looks like one bouquet but when I toss it, it will scatter and five lucky ladies will get to be catchers.Here is what it looks like when it is undercover. But all I do is pull one gold ribbon and they will become separated.

Each mini bouquet has a charm attached to it. Each charm has a meaning. The key you see means this lucky lady will be the next to buy a home. I'm not putting any sayings with the mini's though. Each charm can be interpreted however the holder sees fit.

Cute huh? I read this idea somewhere and have successfully kept it a secret until now. So if you were a Party Pooper and read it while, in fact, being a lady who will be grooving to the Man Eater song and trying to catch one of these bad boys...please don't spread the word. It won't be any fun if you spoil it! Plus, I just decided it will be bad luck and your charm will mean the complete opposite. In this case, you will be the last person in the group to get a home. So NO Party Pooping please...pretty please? I beg you don't tell?

1 comment:

Ellen Mint said...

That is really cool. I like the charm idea, kinda like the old fruitcake that had different things in it (or the baby in king cake).