Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So Close!

At this time next month I will be frantically running around trying to get the building decorated for our rehearsal dinner that is in 3 hours (and 31 days of course).

I am getting married! EEEK! Many of the things that are left to do I have to wait for. Getting the cake, pumpkins, nails done, etc. I can't really do those until much closer to The Day. Yep, it's in caps cause it's that darn important.

There are quite a few things I could be doing now I suppose. This weekend I'm going to whip out a couple. I plan on finishing my vows which are practically done anyways. Just a little modifications here and there to put the icing on the cake. Then I will finish the ceremony while I'm at it. It's in the rough draft stage. Next, I will finish the card box and the recipe holder box. The card box is, duh, for anyone bringing us cards (really? A card box for cards?). The recipe box will look similar to the card box. It is going next to the food and is for *drumroll please* recipes! Since each invite asked for a side dish of their choice with the family recipe I realized I should probably have a place for them to stick the recipes. Otherwise they'd most likely end up all over the counter and perhaps even in the food. My family is great, yeah?

I also should work on the whole picture thing. I bought this awesome frame on sale. $11.00 for a $25.00 frame! I win! I'm going to put a cute pic of me and Justin in it (oh yeah, I should probably find one of those too. Add that to my To Do list.) and then I have to figure out what I'm going to edge the pic with. My choices are covering the free space with maple leaves or freehanding (I'm fairly artsy and freehanding a pretty script I could manage well. It would be more like drawing than just writing.) Where was I? Oh yeah, freehanding the lyrics from the Adam Sandler song "Grow old with you". Or when we decide what our first dance song is I could use that. But we are HUGE movie people and this song fits pretty damn perfect. In fact I just decided it's this song or the maple leaves. No other options. So now I just have to figure out the nitty gritty details and viola!

What is this picture for you ask? For people to draw funny faces on! What else! Realistically they are suppose to sign their well wishes and yadda yadda yadda... But I will not be surprised if I end up with a pirate mustache and round glasses and Justin gets...oh let's say an eye patch and buckteeth. Yep. I know my family pretty well, you just wait and see what happens. I'm one of those people who will most definitely say, "I told you so." so beware when I'm indeed correct.

Change of subject, my hand has stopped twitching!!! Yippee!! It stopped it's tissy fit completely on Tuesday. Monday it was twitching off and on. And then before that it was twitching all day everyday. Weird huh? But hooray! Finally relief.

1 comment:

Ellen Mint said...

I am total denial that it's a month away.

It's like having a kid grow up. I remember when you were just 6 months away and everyone was so excited and happy but we could still do our own things on the weekend.