Monday, September 22, 2008

Maids Jewelry

I decided in the beginning that I wanted to make the bridesmaids jewelry. Me and MOH Stephanie, super crafty lady, got together and whipped it all out. 4 sets of earrings and necklaces. I made the necklaces, she made the earrings. Well, that's all well and good but then I decided to add another bridesmaid to the bunch. Making me one set short and out of supplies for more. When I went to order more pearls of ebay I was a dork and hurried through the whole process. The pearls got here and what? Huh? Not the same pearls. The new strand ended up being the pretty (real) potato pearls that I used in my earrings. So in the end I decided to go out and buy my MOH's a set of earrings/pearls and give my Bridesmaids the ones I made. On the plus side, now I get a set to keep too! The Bridesmaids earrings MOH Steph made. She's got some mad skills. These were made up in no time.
The bridesmaids necklace I made. It's a floating necklace and looks really pretty when on. I love the way they turned out. The beginning attempts at this type of necklace hung funny when you put it on. The pearls clumped together and it just looked bad. We shortened it a bit and added some more pearls. It hangs right below their collarbones now. Almost like how it's hanging in the picture.
Another picture of the bridesmaids necklaces. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the extra one or give it to someone important in the wedding. Kind of like an extra thank you.
And these little beauties are the MOH's sets. Pretty little strands. I like the drop that will hang down the back. Just lovely.

No comments: