Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Stupid invites

Today is jam packed with crap I need to do. After Justin gets off work at 5 we are headed over to some guys house to look at a couch set (craigslist). If we like it we are going to pay him and he will deliver it to our house about 7 miles away. Yeah for that, but we live in a fourplex and there is barely enough room to turn our cars around. How is he going to turn a trailer around? He won't that's how. He's going to end up pulling up to the driveway and we get to carry the sofa and loveseat up the hill and into our place. Super.

Then I suppose we will drive back into Newport. Why you ask? Because our gym membership is due today. It was due the 1st and we forgot that day. We haven't been since the 1st (don't even get me started on this one) and it will be late after today. So we MUST go to the gym tonight. At least to drop off the money.

We also have to go to the local grocery store and get our invitation weighed. Hopefully it will just cost regular postage. I've been having a pretty shitty week though so I'll bet a pretty penny it's more.

Then, we have to actually get the damn things in the mail. I just found out today that a few addresses are wrong. Oh. Frickin'. Well. They'll still get the invite. It'll just go to a different house. I'm not re-labeling them AGAIN. I already had to do this to about 10 invites. No more. No way Hoser.

Somewhere in here we have to go to some lady's house (she's moving away and giving us these things) and pick up a chair (this is for Justin's Mom, Debbie) and table, fit it into our car (what??) and bring it back to our apartment. I did mention we are getting a sofa and loveseat in there today right?

Super. Just. Super.

So, our living room will consist of: an old couch, a futon, a huge entertainment center, 2 large end tables, 2 dvd racks (bookshelves people height), a new-ish couch and loveseat set, a broken old dusty chair (for his Mom), a rolling table, my snakes cage and stand, and our shoe holder/bench. Am I leaving anything out? Our living room is decent size. But not large. There won't be room to breathe. AHHHH!

Then...it gets better!...Justin is not going to want to go to Newport. I can almost guarantee it. So we won't get his Mom's chair dropped off at her house tonight. Justin is leaving for school tomorrow and will be gone until Friday evening. He won't want to do it then either. I get to move all this furniture around by myself. Not to mention clean out the spare room of all wedding stuff (O.M.G.) so that the spare room can actually become a spare room with a bed etc. and our living room can, once again, be livable.

Hmm...why won't my body stop twitching? Perhaps because I'm going cookoo?

No comments: