Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tent, tables and chairs...Oh My!

So on the plus side I called the local rental place in my area to inquire about prices on tents, tables and chairs.

Oh. My.

No way can we afford what we had planned. Let us see, shall we?
20' x 40' tent (won't fit everyone) is $132 per day, minimum 3 days =$396
chairs are .90 cents each, we'll say 100 needed (more like 120) =$90
tables $6 for a 6' or $8 for a 5' round, we'll go with the 6', need 3 for food/gifts, maybe 17 for other people (not likely) =$120
Grand total is $606 for this alone.

We still have a pretty long list of things that still need purchased. How about I list it for you. Good plan.

Location for 2 days=$150
Marriage license =$60
Justins outfit (no tux for him) = ?
Giant box of pumpkins (they sell during Halloween time) = ?
Smaller pumpkins to decorate =<$4.00 per bag
Rehearsal dinner food (pizza?) = ?
Gift for ring bearer =<$10
Cake stuff (made by my baker sister and MOH Stephanie) =<$20
Tulle to decorate= ?
Maple leaves to decorate = I've decided me and bridal party are just gonna go pick the damn things
Hair/nails for me = probably won't happen...it's nice to dream.
Reception =Mommy? I think my mom is getting most of this for me. Thank You Mom!!! But I can't expect her to pay for it all.
cups, plates, silverware, napkins
Table covers, table runners = ? maybe some colored tulle for the runner?
Cutting knife and serving thing = ?...can't I just decorate my kitchen knife? No? Damn.

I'm sure the list goes on and on of the things we should be purchasing. I'm thinking it's going to end up more like the wedding in Sweet Home Alabama. The second wedding, not the first. Well, maybe the end of the first (the punch). Family can get rowdy.

I am also doing what I think is a cute little thing. Since I'm decorating with pumpkins (love 'em) I am going to have pretty pieces of cut ribbon with a tag. Our monogram on one side and the other blank. Through the reception people will get a ribbon (like a raffle? still to be decided) to write their names on the back of and tie around the pumpkin of their choice. Now they've got a pumpkin for Halloween. Yeah! My flower girl and ring bearer get first picks of course.

Do you think there is anywhere around here I can sell my kidney? I only need one after all...I think.

No comments: