Sunday, July 6, 2008

Flowers, check!

Yesterday I brought out all of my craft supplies, put on a movie (Runaway Bride) and got to work. I finished all of the boutonnieres, the rest of the bouquet toss flowers, and all of the bridesmaids bouquets. Yeah Me! I am really impressed with my bridesmaids bouquets. I was trying to find a way to wrap the stems so it looked "finished". The ribbon wasn't looking pretty on it at all. So I used the raffia Justin insisted I get (he said "I'm sure you can find a way to use this" and picked it up in the store). He was so correct. Do you remember those hemp necklaces you used to make as a kid? How you wrapped them around and around with a half hitch knot over and over? Well I did that and I must say I love the final product. It fits in perfectly with my laid back, fall look. I wish I had done it with the boutonnieres. But those are done now and I don't feel like taking them apart just to put them back together again with a different material. They look good how they are. I'll get some pics on here later.

Today I might try making my bouquet. But I kinda want to find some large maple leaves to put around the base of my bouquet and finish off "the look".

I love maple leaves. LOVE THEM! The are so pretty and come in such a variety of species. The colors are amazing! And every time they change to those brilliant shades I smile. My favorite season is fall and the maple leaves are the mascot. I love the smell of them on the ground...The smell of fall. I love how they crunch when you walk on them. I love the giant maple trees.

Story time:

When I was little my Grandma had a giant maple tree up on a hill next to her house. I used to go hike up that hill and just sit under the tree and breathe deeply. It was my muse. I felt so right sitting there. Like I belonged and nothing could separate me from that place and time. I felt an energy when I was there. I felt like I glowed and radiated something that no one could see. I would just sit there with my hands open. Tilt my head up to the sky, close my eyes, and feel...and breathe.

The end

I love maple leaves. They mean to me the utmost happiness. An absolute wholeness. They are perfect to include in my wedding. When I vow to eternally love the one person in the world who can make me feel like I do when I'm with my maple leaves.

I can smell this picture...I love fall...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i do love me some maple leaves too...they're lovely.

arlene,
Tacoma florist