Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Busy bumble bee

I wasn't comfortable calling myself a "little" bee, so "bumble" fit perfect.

Quick report on current healthy lifestyle status...Doing great! We've been walking more and swimming since it's been hot out. I love to swim! I could swim for hours...and I do. And as a side benefit, it's great for you! Been eating great too. I think I'm starting to like it *gasp!*
Today I went with my sister, MOH Stephanie, while she got a tattoo on her foot. It's cute, three green bubbly stars.

Found out what I'm doing for a cake. The original plan was to have Steph bake us our cake. But the bakery just got a catalog in and my Mom thought it was too good of a deal to pass up so she ordered them...and then told me. Ever heard of petit fours? Think little mini cakes. Bite size. Here's a not-so-good pic of the exact ones we are getting (minus the packaging).

Aren't they friggin' cute! I love this idea!


Not very detailed pics (and this one is pretty red) but they have maple leaves and pumpkins on them. PERFECT!

We'll probably have Steph bake us a small cake for the cake topper. I'm still debating this though. The idea is these will be on a tower thingy (with some spread around on the table) and then the cake topper could just be on top of the tower. We haven't decided yet.

We've got a rough draft of the entire ceremony done. Just needs some rewording to flow smoother.

I wrote my vows. Pretty sure Justin hasn't but I'm not worried about that. He said, let's put it this way...if you are tearing up during the wedding. My vows are gonna make you bawl. Good enough for me!

Hmmm...what else have I done...Oh yeah, we drafted up a list of people coming to the wedding, how many in their party (minus kids under 2, they're invited they just don't count as seats) and grouped them into sections (easier to keep track of friends, my family side A, side B, side C, his family side A, etc.). Now all we have to do is give a list to each Mom and work out the details. There is still a lot to do with the lists. But I'm glad we at least have this draft done. For instance, we can't agree on how to address people (oh yeah, I have to find addresses too). The *fill in the blank* family, Uncle Bill and Aunty Carolyn, Mr. and Mrs. *Blank*, Amber *Blank* and Guest, or any combination of these. We'll probably just say them out loud and whichever sounds best to us YEAH! That's the winner!!

I also purchased a couple more things for the wedding. Just little accessories but I'm glad they are one more thing I can check off. Pretty sure my honey doesn't read this so I'm confident in posting it. I purchased this super cute corset/bustier something-or-other to go under my dress. I have a larger chest so I'm anxious/excited to get it and see if it will actually do the trick. I'd hate to have to worry about straps and such showing during "The Day".


I am absolutely in love with this thing. I hope it does the trick. I got it from ebay seller Nawtyfoxlingerie. I'll be sure to post how it fits.

*On a side note, this is going to be my "something blue".

I have some other little tidbits that are in the works but I think I've done enough for one night. Tomorrow I'm working out the details for this stroke of genius, uber cute, cake topper perfection.

*sigh of relief*...life is good.

3 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

Could you have a fake cake for your cake topper?

The petite fours sound tasty though, those are always a hit at parties.

Tayia said...

I'm not a big fan of the fake cake. I'm pretty sure we'll have my sister bake us a small cake to go on top of the tower. Then the cake topper on that. She was really looking forward to baking it and I sure don't mind.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I recognize those! I love The Cookie Outlet, though their website could use a makeover. I have to recommend their Christmas Cookies Bulk and Christmas Gift Cookie Platters. Did you ever try any of their other cookies? How did you like the petite fours?