Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Corset update

Remember the corsets/bustiers I ordered? The two of them because I was silly and bought one on ebay and then won another. I got them in the mail awhile ago. Here's the story.

My honey (who still doesn't know I bought them) called me at work and said, "Honey, did you order something from ebay?"

Me: "Me? What? Huh?" pretending to be oblivious.

Honey: "Did you buy something from ebay?" he says this like he's talking to a little kid who got their hand caught in the cookie jar.

Me: "I don't know what your talking about" I sound prissy and stuck up with a hint of smile.

Honey: "Uh huh..." I can hear rustling in the background.

Me: "No Honey! Don't open it!"

He laughed and left it in the room for me. For the rest of the workday I was eager to go home and tear open my new toy! I love how it feels like Christmas when I get stuff in the mail! When I get home I rush inside my bedroom and told Justin "Do NOT! come in here!". Tear open the package, pieces of paper and plastic flying everywhere. Finally I reach the prize and see the beautiful material. It is so very very pretty. I pull it out, hold it up and look at it, a huge smile on my face. It was perfect!

Then I held it to me ready to try it on...

*swear words...lots and lots of swear words...and then more swear words and maybe, perhaps some stomping*

It was a 2 frickin' X!!! A 2X!!! They said the sizes run small so I figured, okay, I'll get a 2X and it will definitely fit, maybe be too big. No way in hell is that going to fit me. Even if I kill myself with exercise and dieting. No way.

MOH Sammi came over yesterday because I wanted to see if it could fit her it was that small. She tried it on and what do you know. It fit! Okay, not a perfect fit but it looked decent. It fit her boobs but around her waist it was a little hangy. (Hangy? Nice word). You can see her picture over on the side there. She is around a size 5 comfortably. But she can fit a friggin' 3.

3? Are you kidding me? The sizes run a little small? I didn't look at the measurements they suggest so it is my fault. But come on.

I felt like crap earlier. A 2X was too small for me. Then after I saw that it fit Sam I felt better about my size and even more angry at those damn internet people. I sucked it up though...the corset really was gorgeous. Just completely the wrong size. I purchased another one yesterday. A (scary movie music) 5X! (AHHHHHHH! Throw your popcorn in the air) Let's hope this one f'kin' fits!

So, both of the corset/bustiers I purchased before don't fit because they are the same size. I'm currently in the process of trying to find a home for them. I thought about craigslist, but that never seems to work. And I'm too lazy to start an ebay account for selling stuff. I'm a buyer, not a seller. So begins my search for someone who is small and will buy the depressing corsets from me.

No comments: