Friday, July 11, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

My Mom was able to find out the price of the pumpkins for me from a local grocery store. Since I want one of those humongous cardboard crates full of them it was kinda hard to guess what the price would be. I don't know about you, but we usually buy around 4 for the whole family, not the whole box.

They said it is .20 cents per pound. According to them one of those boxes weighs about 700lb. For those of us who aren't human calculators, this is about $140 total. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. But the weight is only a rough estimate. It all depends on the pumpkins.

One box should be plenty of pumpkins to decorate the whole place. My own pumpkin patch!

I was suppose to have my first dress fitting today but it's been moved to Sunday. I'm dreading it anyways so it wasn't a problem for me to put it off. The lady who will be altering it for me is a friend of my Aunts. I hope this goes well. My fingers are crossed...

1 comment:

Ellen Mint said...

Wow, that's a lot of pumpkins.

I'm lucky, we can get some for free as we know a farmer. Knowing farmers is great sometimes.

Here's hoping it's a good year for pumpkins.