Sunday, August 24, 2008

My dress!

I found my dress!! It's perfect! It's beautiful! It makes me feel AMAZING!! I love love love it!!

We went to Eugene today to go dress hunting. Justin's best friend lives there. He and Justin went out to the movies and just hung out (they don't see each other much anymore) and Ira's (the friends name) wife went dress shopping with me. My Mom was busy with work, so was my sister Steph. And I'm not sure what Sam was up to but I doubt she would have went with me. We asked Justin's Mom to go but she was busy with paperwork. So Jessica (Ira's wife) and I went to David's Bridal and found the most perfect dress ever!

I was SO glad that she went with me. That was the second time I have ever seen her and the first I've ever "hung out" with her. She's really nice. Too bad she doesn't live closer. Maybe I could have a friend *sad face*. I don't have very many friends. Actually, I don't have any around here. And other than that I have acquaintances. So sad.

I have a dress! I can't get over how happy I am now. This whole not having a dress was stressing me out. Not anymore. CHECK!

So when we first went into David's Bridal they made me sit down and register with them...blagh. Then showed me to my size area and let me look. The person helping me came over and said people usually get through about 5 dresses in an hour and a half. My eyes got huge here. Only 5 in an hour and a frickin' half? She said that usually people like to get all accessorized with each dress to get the "full look". I said I'd like to get in and out of here as quick as possible. So I picked some dresses, went to my little cube (changing room), stripped down (awkward!), put on the little poof skirt, covered my boobies with the bra-ish thing, and then had the sales lady come in to eye-hook me all up (extremely awkward!!). I was put into the first dress. Felt like a two year old, "raise your arms" so the sales lady could put the dress over my head. It was helpful but humiliating. I hate being in any sort of attention. Anyways, the dress...So I tried on the first one, they made me go out and stand on the podium with all those mirrors around (AHHHHH). It was a very lovely dress. But no choir of angels could be heard.

Next I was strapped into the second dress. I loved it! But I noticed the boob area was actually too big! Weird. I mentioned this weirdness and she said yeah look at this, then proceeded to grab a nice handfull of the back of the dress. I changed out of that particular one into a size smaller and viola! Magic! Cue the choir of angels singing a high note. Perfect fit! Who knew I would end up getting a size smaller. That made my day.

It's a halter top that comes down the tummy area to a "V" below the *ahem* gut. Then it poofs out. No train or anything, just poof. It has tons of bead work all over the upper half. The dress is extremely slimming. Did I mention I love it?

I plan on wearing my hair down and curly. My hair curls right up with a little bit of product. I have a veil to go in my hair and then a pretty tan colored rose to go right next to the veil.

I'm actually starting to feel more excited about getting married and less stressed about getting everything done. Today was very much about enjoying the experience. Woo Hoo!!! But I did realize during all this, how the heck am I supposed to spend the whole entire day being part of the center of attention. I didn't even like being helped trying to find the dress. I felt like I was a nuisance. "Please do up my bra thingy and put a dress on me because I couldn't possible do it all on my own. I must have assistants." Snooty falooty. So. Not. Me. I'm a sweatshirt and jeans girl through and through.

The wedding should be interesting.
Do you think I mentioned the word dress enough? I love it!

2 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

Congrats on finding it.

You seem super excited about it that's for sure he he he.

Gonna post any pictures of you in it?

Tayia said...

I'll get some pictures up soon! My Mom and sister haven't been over to see it yet. I'll make them take some.