Saturday, August 23, 2008

Cake Topper!

Well, let me start out by saying YEAH! Tomorrow I am going to David's Bridal and I am coming out of there with a friggin' dress! I'm bringing my trusty plastic (visa) for support.

After I got over my initial blegh-ness of today I was fairly productive. I made and completed the Moms' flowers. Completed the fella's boutonnieres (added ribbon). Finished the bouquet toss flowers. Completed my bouquet (added ribbon). Now all the flowers are finished completely 100%! Can I hear a, "check!"?

And for the grand finale I made our cake topper! It was extremely easy. I bought pumpkin salt and pepper shakers from Ross. A while ago I bought wine covers (I think that's what their called) from the dollar tree that were a bride and groom set. With a little bit of cutting and some handy dandy glue dots...(drumroll please)...I got these!! Ta-Daa!!!!

Cute Huh?

Here's the groom!

And the bride!

I love my pumpkin people. The day is looking up!

1 comment:

Ellen Mint said...

Those pumpkin people are really cute.

It reminds me of this idea my FMIL had. They got one of those M&M candy dispensers that have both Red and Yellow and they added a veil to Red and a tux to Yellow.

Now everytime a commercial comes on I laugh so hard thinking that Red is the girl.