Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Darn Dress!

So I just got back from my "fitting" with Alma. She's a sweet old lady my Aunty is long time friends/neighbors with. To sum it all up my current wedding dress is no longer my current wedding dress. Alma, the magnificent seamstress (seriously she is), says there is nothing she can do to fix it.

Might I make a suggestion to people. Do not order your wedding dress from China over ebay. It is a very pretty dress (when it's not on). It is very pretty material. But they DO NOT listen to you when you tell them your various, very specific, sizes. Not only that but Alma says that they also laid the material wrong or halfhazardly when sowing it, making it lay against the body wrong.

This was the most unflattering dress I have ever put on. I hated trying this dress on. I didn't want to touch it. I stored it in a black garbage bag all wadded up.

I think I had a hint this dress wouldn't work out.

This time I'm trying the dress on before I buy it.

So the search continues for a suitable wedding dress...

No comments: