Thursday, June 26, 2008

Flowers and Festival

Time for my daily dose of blog therapy.

I've been putting together my flowers for the wedding! Yippee! I'm using silk flowers (that should be pretty obvious). So far I have the tossing bouquet, Justin's boutonniere and a I have one groomsmen's boutonniere. I still have to make much more, but now that I've got a start on them it is much easier. I didn't realize when I began that I'd actually have a little "give" in the flowers. After I get the wire on I can still bend them around some to get my desired look. I love it! It's pretty fun. Now I just have to figure out how to get the ribbon on them to stay. There is a lot of tension on the ribbon because that's what I used to wrap around the stems and finish the look. So I'm hoping that I can use super strong super glue. We'll see how that goes. Here are some pics of the boutonnieres so far. (I used my phone to take pictures and the colors are much different in person.)

These will be the for the groomsmen
Here is a pic of the ribbon I have to finish.This is Justin's boutonniereThe colors are actually tans and browns. Very pretty.

Oh, and as if I'm not stressed out enough, I'm now a member of the Summer Fest. Committee. The Toledo Summer Festival is a big hoopla here in my hometown. I've been involved someway or another since I was 8 years old. Now I help run it. Well, not yet but that's the idea.

I used to coach the High School JV and Varsity cheerleading teams. But that was WAYYYYY to much drama. Again with the I hate people thing. Mostly it was the Mom's. Ehg. The High School brats weren't much fun either. Actually I take that back. Most of the time it was great. But you'd always have those couple of girls who only wanted to prance around in the uniform and call themselves cheerleaders but never do ANY cheerleading things. Well...let's just say I'm glad that's over with.

Anywho, my point was that now cheerleading is over with (I did that for 3 years) I wanted a new project to volunteer for. This came up and Ta Daa! I hope this goes over more smoothly. I like my community and I think it will be awesome being part of my favorite event of the year.

No comments: