Sunday, June 29, 2008

So far, Egh.

Let's face it. Okay "let's" be honest here. I need to face it. I'm what I like to call a larger American. So one of my goals is to get in better shape for our wedding. Me and Justin have been doing really well at it. We walk almost every night. And on the nights we don't walk I find someway to just get up and active. We have been cooking at home too. This has been a huge help. I already feel better than I did. Me and Justin just got into this HORRIBLE habit of eating out all the time. That has definitely changed. We haven't eaten out in quite a while. I love it! I've been eating lots of salads and baked chicken breast. Yummy! Lots of other good-for-you foods too. But those are my favs! My clothes feel a teeny tiny bit looser I suppose. But mostly I feel like I have tons more energy than I used to. That is the part that makes me happy and keeps me motivated to lose more. Oh yeah...and all those pictures of me in a dress on the most important day of my life. I might keep that in the back of my head too.

Since this blog is my "therapy" to keep me calm (still no anxiety attacks!). It is also now going to be my weight loss tracker. I'm uncomfortable with telling people exactly how much a "larger American" weighs, so I'm going to tell you how much I've lost.

Well, I can't actually do this yet because I don't have a scale. But my clothes fit better than they used to so I know I'm off to a good start!

1 comment:

Ellen Mint said...

I will just say good luck on getting healthy. I think this culture puts too much emphasis on losing weight for no good reason and I like to measure how my weight is more by how I feel and not by some number than on women changes all the time.