Saturday, June 21, 2008

Disney Rocks My Socks


Family photo from the '06 trip

Disneyland is the best place EVER! Some people say it's just for little kids. Oh how wrong they are. If you've never been to the big DL you should go. It is fun with children I'm sure. But my whole family are big kids at heart. We have an amazing time every time we go - and we don't have to take potty breaks or worry about temper tantrums or go back for naps. Not anymore at least (we've been going since we were very little).

The rides are fun. My favorites are the Haunted mansion, it doesn't get as much hype as it should; Soarin' over California, you can actually smell the places!; Of course the Tower of Terror, AMAZING ride 'nough said. I love all the rides without a doubt. But those are my absolute favorites. I think it's cause we don't do them as often as oh say Splash Mountain. We ride this probably 5 times a day when we are there. When you include the time for waiting in the lines...this means a good portion of our day was at Splash.

This is my sis and me in line for Indiana Jones


The food is yummy, although pretty spendy. Churros...ghurlghurlghrul...(the sound Homer Simpson makes when he sees a doughnut.)

Most of all I love the atmosphere there. It is indescribable. Just thinking about it takes me back. I can smell the hot asphalt, the crying kids in the distance, the sounds of people screaming on the rides...All 'booaaaarrrrDDDDD! (for those of you who don't know this is the train that circles Disneyland. The guy says it every time before they take off.)

Ahh the memories. Whenever we go we try to get as much of the family to travel with us. Usually there are about 9 or so people on the trip. But now with everyone being engaged or close to, the last trip had 14 people I think. Me and Justin are planning on going next September with my family. It will be Justins first time ever at Disneyland. I imagine he'll be like a kid in a candy shop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!