Friday, June 20, 2008

The nerve!

I finally did it! Yesterday afternoon I got up the nerve and called the place I want the wedding at. It's a pretty funny story. The guy who answered sounded like an older man. He kinda made me feel like a dumbass. Most of his answers were along the lines of yeah duh. First I asked if they were open in October. Logical question, makes sense. Some campgrounds close during certain seasons. He had a big pause before he said, "yeah" like he was talking to a toddler. Then I asked if I could reserve it. "well, yeah". He could have said, sure what dates would you like, or something along those lines but noooooo. He pretty much called me a dillweed.

All righty then! It keeps going but just talking about it makes me shake my head at the guy. How am I supposed to friggin' know about a park area that I've rarely been to. Like everybody has this information of this park stuck in there head. But that's okay because the news was spectacular!! The Elks Toketee Illahee Park. Known around these parts as the Elks campground. I am so excited. It is wayyyyyy cheaper than the other place we were looking at. About $400.00 or so cheaper. I love it! We are going this weekend to look at it. I hope the guy is a little more helpful.

No comments: