Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reverend Tayia!

Once again I sucked it up and did what I needed to do. Figured out the whole officiant thing. Well...kinda.

I nutted up and called the county clerks office. My question to them was if they recognized online ordinations. The lady at the other end of the line was SO helpful. She said yes they do from the Universal Life Church. Well, I've been reading around at different online ordination sites and they say you might need to submit this and that to your local whatever in order to be recognised. You better believe I made sure to ask about this. The lady said no such deal (arms in the air with touchdown fists!).

She said when they perform the ceremony. All they need to do is sign and fill in the info about the "church" (address, phone number, whatever) and that's it. No submitting of ANYTHING!

Naturally after this conversation I was curious so I went to the site. Well, it was so simple and easy and FREE. I did it myself. I think it took 5 minutes tops because I read through everything multiple times. It seemed too good to be true. But the county clerks office directed me to this site and gave me instructions. The whole process is much easier than I thought it would be. YEAH!!!!

Now all I have to do is convince someone to buck up and speak in front of (dare I say it) people. AHHH. No one I know is great at or likes to talk in public. This should be interesting. But at least I know when I find the person it will be a piece of cake to get them ordained.

No comments: