Wednesday, October 1, 2008

OCTOBER!!

Squeeeeeeeeeel! I'm getting married this month! Today we went to the gym which I am totally happy about. It was just what I needed to take the edge off my stress. We are cramming in lots of sessions this month because we feel better when we work out and I want to feel my best for our wedding. Also, we don't plan on going after the wedding for a little while so we want to get plenty of time in while we can. After the wedding it's honeymoon time!

I went to the store and paid for the petite fours. My Mom picked them up later in the day and they are staying in her freezer until the wedding. The lady there named Amy was so nice! The manager of the bakery was going to charge me an extra dollar and some change for shipping. So she (manager) rounded the direct cost of the cakes from $53 and some change to a solid $55. Okay, I could deal with that but I did grumble a bit because originally I was told that I would pay what it cost them and nothing more. Well, when I went to get the bill today to pay for them, Amy told me not to bring a receipt back. She didn't want her manager to know that she took $5 off for me. So I paid $50 for the cakes when the store paid almost $54. I win!!!

I looked up our county clerks website to get information on a marriage license. The website was very informative. It had all the info I needed and it was all good news! The whole process only takes 15 minutes. They issue them 8:30am to 4:30pm so we have to do it on a lunch break. They cost $60 and it must be cash. And the best part? We only need to bring a drivers license or ID card. No birth certificate or anything. Pretty easy huh?

This Sunday is my bridal shower, double squeel!! I'm so excited for this! It is being held in Eugene. While we are out there Justin is hanging out with some of his groomsmen and going shopping for his shirt for the wedding. After the shower on our way back home we are going to stop by the amazing 24 hour Winco! We are going to buy the candy for the wedding favors and all the pumpkins we need for the wedding. Our car will be loaded down with pumpkins!

Hunting season opens this Saturday. So in the midst of all this darned planning Justin is also going to try and kill us some dinner. Yummy, I love homemade deer jerky!

Well, enough ramblings for tonight! I gotsta go take a shower and get me some sleep!

Happy October!!

1 comment:

Ellen Mint said...

Damn, I'm just floored at how much licenses cost in other states.

Here's it's a whole $15, but there had been talk to change it to either you pay that and take classes or you just pay $100. Thank god that didn't pass.