Friday, October 3, 2008

I Get Gifts?

So the other day I was talking to one of my bridesmaids and she mentioned, "yeah I have your gift for the bridal shower". I said, "what gift? I get a gift?" and the realization started to dawn on me. I get gifts at the bridal shower!!!! Woo hoo! I win! Don't ask me how I could possibly forget that people will be giving me presents. I was looking forward to the shower so I could see people, hang out, eat good food and maybe play some great silly games. But now people are going to give me things! Who ever started that tradition anyways? I'm getting married...give me lots of parties for various reasons so I get tons of gifts. I'm not complaining or anything because, well, I'm the one getting the gifts here. But really, how many gifts do people need just because they are getting married? Oh well, one of the many crazy things involved with getting hitched.

1 comment:

Ellen Mint said...

It's probably what came about after the loss of a dowrey so a new couple would have some money or gifts to set up their new house with.

But I think it balances itself out with all the thank you's you have to write.